Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Anything to help cracked, red, peeling skin around nose?

I'm seeing a doctor on Thursday, but in the meantime I'm trying to find something to ease the pain. This has been an off and on cycle for over a month now. Both sides of my nose will start peeling and flaking skin in ridiculous amounts. Then, after that goes, the areas become very red, dry, cracked. Everytime I smile or pull my upper lip down, I can feel the area around my nose stretch and sting. It hurts worse after showers or after putting lotion on (fragrance free). I can't even wear make-up to cover it up now because it makes it worse.





Today after I got out of the shower I noticed that a small spot on it was bleeding but when I tried to wipe it nothing came off, so it's bleeding under the skin? Very tiny amount though.





Does anyone know anything I can put on it to ease the pain and dryness until the doctor? I've tried moisturizers, plain soap, stopped wearing perfume and make-up, all to no avail. :(
Anything to help cracked, red, peeling skin around nose?
Neosporin. Triple antibiotic. Keep it on there. Sleep with it on.
Anything to help cracked, red, peeling skin around nose?
clean well and put neosporin with lidocaine,on troubled area.
Reply:This is probably do to the cold of winter. During the winter the skin is more sensity and vulnerable. And needs more pampering and moisturizer. Try a skin balm or ointment and make sure your warm specially your face.





Although it might be something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment