Monday, March 15, 2010

Red raised rash under arm?

I live in NH and we are having a really bad issue with deadly Staph infections. My friend just caught staph and she has a rash all over her arms....now I have a red raised rash under my arm. Its like a dull purple red solid mass of raised skin covering my entire armpit. It smells kinda like infection too. Also, as far as I can tell I am not sweating from that arm either as I never have BO under that arm even after strenous activity, which is odd since I have stopped using antipersprent under that arm since this started. I also have a similar rash under my nipple on that side that I have had for a few months. I have used hydrocortisone cream, triple antibiotic ointment and even Lanolin to see if it was just dry. Nothign helped....what can it be....can it be staph?
Red raised rash under arm?
I have had something similar which was a yeast infection. I used over the counter medication but it wasn't strong enough. Had to get a prescription. Suggest you see your doctor. May or may not spread but you don't want to take that chance.
Red raised rash under arm?
It could be staph - but it could also be something else. If the skin is scaly / flaky and the rash itches - it could be a sebborheic dermatitis - an autoimmune rash - your skin is attacking itself. This is not to suggest any for of flesh eating bacteria mind you - many people have this disorder. I would suggest seeing a Dr. - Dermatologist would be better - ASAP. Also - I would suggest you stop putting hydro-cortisone on the rash until you are seen - the steroid in it could actually make the condition worse. In the mean time - keep the area as dry as possible and keep lotions to a minimum. You could also be allergic to something either perfume based or an ingredient in something. Get it looked at by a Doc.
Reply:Skin rash information can be found at the source below.





www.healthy-skincare. com/diagnose-my-skin-rash.html


No comments:

Post a Comment