Thursday, March 11, 2010

I have a problem with the skin around my eye....?

Symptoms:


- Red, darkened, dry skin around eye


- White, flaky things on the skin and released when scratched


- Sudden occasional itchiness


- Some puffiness under the eye





--------------------------------------...





It flares up in the spring (allergies) and the winter (cold air outside). However, it has gotten worse lately and I know that it cant be the cold weather because it's been a bit warm where i live. The affected area has spread a tiny bit. I just want to see what others think before going to a dermatologist.





(No "see a doctor" answers)
I have a problem with the skin around my eye....?
what type of visine? you should try one for allergies. they usually cause itchy eyes that can be watery and then cause the skin around the eye to become irritated. perhaps an antihistamine?
I have a problem with the skin around my eye....?
try looking at webmd.com





they might have something
Reply:I once had the same thing, and it will continue to recur until you practice better hygiene... It is called Blepharitis, or inflamed eyelid. It will be there forever, so doing a special washing of your eyes will become a common habit for the rest of your life.





Sure, I know you are thinking "but I clean myself really good," but scratching your eyes is more unsanitary than you may think..





I tried Vaseline too but to no avail.





So, according to WebMD and my past experiences, you can't treat it, but if it's early enough, try the steps in these links and read to see if it matches ------%26gt; http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/blephari...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharitis





Hope that helps!

floralshops

No comments:

Post a Comment