Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm having some problems with my skin...?

I have pretty finicky skin. Especially on my face. I also have excema on my hands which I keep under control with Cetaphil.





I just had this wierd break-out of dry skin on my eyes that itched alot sometimes. It made me look like I had done a really bad job at putting some brown eye shadow on. It also flaked alot. I think it may've been an allergic reaction to my mascera. I'd never had a reaction to that stuff before so I changed the type I used and it cleared up.





I have rather large pores on my nose and they usually have like...blackish/grayish stuff in them and ...bleugh. I also have dry skin on my nose as well.





On my cheeks I get patches of this flakey dry skin.





Basically, it's really embarassing. I'm in High School and people can be pretty idiotic about wierd stuff.





I don't know if you may know what may be wrong or what types of foods I should or shouldn't eat that may improve my skin. Or what kind of facial care products I should use.





(I have combination skin.)
I'm having some problems with my skin...?
Seborrheic dermatitis is another name for dandruff, and it can spread to your face, shoulders, and back, and this could be what you're describing. It itches, is flaky, and doesn't look great. You might try a coal tar shampoo like Ionil T, and follow the directions (which include leaving the lather on for a couple of minutes before rinsing). The others- head and shoulders for example, may do very well also.





You could also have allergies that show themselves in a type of eczema, and might be helped by something like Benadryl cream.


That lotion they advertise as having oatmeal in it is also very soothing, - Aveeno anti-itch concentrated lotion - is also recommended for such as poison oak, etc. It's the same color as skin so wouldn't be noticeable at school.


No comments:

Post a Comment